Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food. HIPPOCRATES.
Add a healing and anti-ageing new food to your repertoire. The healthiest and anti-ageing foods available to us have phytochemicals in them. Phytochemicals mean chemicals derived from the energy of light. They contain intelligent nutrients that are both healing and anti-ageing. Foods that are rich in phytochemicals are highly coloured. Think of the seven colours of the rainbow; Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet, when choosing foods that have phytochemicals. Some well-known foods that contain phytochemicals include:
- Flavonoids found in Apples, Cherries, Berries, Grapes, Citrus Fruits, Broccoli, Onions, Tomatoes, etc. These range of foods are antioxidants. Antioxidants protect our cells against oxidative damage and reduce the risk of developing many types of cancers and protect us from heart disease.
- Lycopene found in Tomatoes, Red Grape fruit, Pink Grapefruit, Red Oranges, Guava, Watermelon, etc. These foods are anti-carcinogenic. They inhibit the development of cancer.
- Phenolic Compounds found in Cherries, Strawberries, Pomegranate, Nuts, Green Tea, Chili peppers, Oregano, Sage, Rosemary, etc. These range of foods contain antioxidants and are anti-carcinogenic.
- Isoflavones found in Soya beans, Chickpeas, Kudzu, Red clover, etc. Isoflavones lower cholesterol and block hormonally stimulated cancer.
- Sulphides found in Garlic, Onions, Chives, etc. These inhibit blood clotting and are anti-carcinogenic.
- Isothiocyanates found in Broccoli, Cauliflower, Kale, Turnips, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Watercress, etc. These cruciferous vegetables inhibit tumour growth.
- Terpenoids found in Peppers, Horseradish, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Rosemary etc. These contain antioxidants and antibacterial properties and help prevent stomach cancers.
BE A STORY WORTH TELLING